1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Had a panel interview.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year. This year I will learn to read Russian.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, three of my cousins all dropped sprogs. As did an ex-flatmate's gf.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't leave the country. Nor did I go on holiday.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I can't remember the exact dates, but there was receiving the degree certificate.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting the MSc.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Procrastinating. Not starting to learn Russian.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
My sister gave me a Pop-Up Dinosaur Book. The University of Leicester gave me a degree.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Fluff has a job with prospects. Debi's ploughing through a PhD. Duncan's still in London.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Creationists (par for the course there), GWB, Tony Blair, the usual...
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting an interview.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
I honesly don't know. Last year's was Transatlantic's We all need some light. This year I don't have a song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Much the same, but the job situation is steadily getting worse.
b) fatter or skinnier?
Honestly? I don't know.
c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Nagging flatmates about bills earlier in the year.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
With parents, sister and visits to a couple of other relatives.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
No. It was a near thing though.
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. Although I can now put faces to some names.
25. What was the best book you read?
Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle Ok so its actually 3. China Mieville is damn good too.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Soilwork. I finally got to hear some Akercocke. I'll have to count Demagogue as I finally got to see them live.
27. What did you want and get?
Camera equipment. Better flatbed, bigger monitor.
28. What did you want and not get?
A new job.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
King Kong, for big loud matinee fluff. Corpse Bride.
30. What did you do on your birthday?
Novembre supporting Katatonia at the Mean Fiddler.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Acting on impulse. Achieving personal goals.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
More jewellery. Just as much black.
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Zooey Deschanel & Charlotte Church.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Plight of the Australian Lungfish, Creationism in UK schools.
36. Who do you miss?
John Peel. Dom & Julia
37. Who was the best new person you met?
There's a couple of nice people at the shop and museum.
38. What was the best thing you ate?
Wagamama's. Not a great year for culinary experience...